The Sleep Nomad Green Drink - Because salad takes a lot of work!
I will admit that I like eating salad but taking the time to put one together can be a road block. The green drink turned out to be the perfect solution to this
laziness time issue. As I mentioned in my last post Vitamin-D-And-Sleep-Month-3, I started to focus on more than just taking vitamin D and seeing what happens with my sleep. I realized if this is a gut and healing issue, then I need to start feeding my body with the kinds of things that would promote both. I also mentioned that I am a big fan of Dr. Rhonda Patrick. Just watch her video on benefits of broccoli sprouts and you will start growing your own like me! Note that its a looong video and a deep dive into the science of sulforaphane.
It turns out that she now has two green drink recipes. I based mine off of the first one. I found that I would need an extra refrigator to hold everything that goes into her smoothie. So here is my adapted green drink. I see that doubt on your face…It tastes good! Really!
- 1 medium banana
- 1 small handful kale
- 1 small handful spinach
- 1 small handful cabbage (from a bag)
- 1 small handful frozen broccoli sprouts (Grown fresh at home. Super easy)
- 1 small stalk celery
- 1 small handful italian parsley
- 3 shakes of tumeric
- 1/2 cup or so of Sujo Mighty Dozen (Adds nice flavor without too much sugar. Buy a big jug at costco https://www.sujajuice.com/products/suja/mighty-dozen/
- Enough water to make it drinkable
- 3 Ice cubes to make it cold.
- Change, swap, add and delete with whatever else you like.
I blend mine in this ninja blender with the tall cup blender part. Salad done in under ten minutes!
Next up Vitamin D and Month 4. I had a vitamin D test the first week of month 4. I will let you know my result.